12. Zarestky, J, L Vilen, RA Short, R Struminger, and AM Lawing. In press. Adult education at biological field stations: Building capacity for science learning. Adult Education Quarterly.
11. Short, RA, and AM Lawing. 2021. Geography of artiodactyl locomotor morphology as an environmental predictor. Diversity and Distributions, 27(9):1818-1831. doi.org/10.1111/ddi.13371
10. Brooke, C., JM Martin, and RA Short. 2021. Peer writing groups as productivity, research, and support networks for extension agents. Journal of the National Association of County Agricultural Agents.doi.org/10.5281/zenodo.4926388
9. Struminger, R, RA Short, J Zarestky, L Vilen, and AM Lawing. 2021. Biological field stations promote science literacy through outreach. BioScience, biab057. doi.org/10.1093/biosci/biab057
8. Short, RA, LG Emmert, NA Famoso, JM Martin, JI Mead, S Swift, and A Baez. In press. Paleobiology of a large mammal community from the late Pleistocene of Sonora, Mexico. Quaternary Research, 102:247-259. doi.org/10.1017/qua.2020.125
7. Short, RA, K Pinson*, and AM Lawing. 2021. Comparison of environmental inference approaches for ecometric analyses: Using hypsodonty to estimate precipitation. Ecology and Evolution, 11(1):587-598.doi.org/10.1002/ece3.7081
6. Short, RA, R Struminger, J Zarestky, J Pippin*, M Wong*, L Vilen, and AM Lawing. 2020. Spatial inequalities leave micropolitan areas and Indigenous populations underserved by informal STEM learning institutions. Science Advances, 6(41):eabb3819. doi.org/10.1126/sciadv.abb3819
1. Martin, JM, RA Martin, and JI Mead. 2017. Late Pleistocene and Holocene Bison of the Colorado Plateau. The Southwestern Naturalist, 62(1):14-28. doi.org/10.1894/0038-4909-62.1.14
Theses and Dissertation
RA Short. 2020. Paleobiology of mammals using functional trait-environment relationships across space and through time for conservation and public understanding of science. PhD Dissertation: Texas A&M University, College Station, TX.
RA Martin. 2016. Discussion in middle and high school Earth science classrooms and its impact on students’ abilities to construct evidence-based arguments in their written work. MST Thesis: University of Maine, Orono, ME. digitalcommons.library.umaine.edu/etd/2487/
RA Short. 2013. A new species of Teleoceras from the late Miocene Gray Fossil Site, with comparisons to other North American Hemphillian species. MS Thesis: East Tennessee State University, Johnson City, TN. dc.etsu.edu/etd/1143/